Log Home Stain Samples
We provide log home stain samples to help you purchase the log home stain product that suits you best.
Stain Sample Tips:
- Order several samples of log cabin stain.
- Mix each of the stain samples prior to sampling! We cannot emphasize this step enough. Most do not mix the sample enough to thoroughly mix in the pigments that settle naturally at the bottom of the bottle. You could try pouring the stain into another container, stirring thoroughly, then pouring it back. Just be sure to get that bottom layer of pigment totally dispersed.
- Next, apply the stain to the actual wood that you will be staining – not just a scrap from the garage! The same stain looks significantly different on different samples of wood. Make sure and apply the same number of coats you’ll be applying to the whole home.
- Use the same application method when doing the stain sample as you plan to use on your home. For example, if you are going to spray and then back brush the stain on your home, then it is best that you use this same application method on your samples. (NOTE: if you can’t get a hold of a mini-sprayer from a paint store or Home Depot or somewhere similar, you will want to brush on 3 coats to get a truer color match.)
- Sample a large enough area to make a good choice – it is impossible to imagine what your entire log home will look like by testing only a very small area.
Chinking and Sealants
Log Home Stain
Wood Rot Repair Epoxies
Log Home Fasteners
Backer Rod Foam Insulation
Copper Post Caps for Logs
Log Home Screw Jacks
Log Tenon Cutters
Log Home Decor
- Features and Benefits
- Knowledge Base / FAQ's
- Free Log Cabin Stain Guide!
- Complete Guide to Log Homes E-Book Download!
- Maintenance Free Log Siding
Outlast Q8 Log Oil - Sample Size
Outlast Q8 Log Oil SampleWe will refund the cost of the samples when you purchase 5 gallons or more of Outlast Q8 Log Oil.Go to Outlast Q8 Log Oil 5 Gallons - FREE SHIPPINGDownload Q8 Outlast MSDS...
Capture Log Stain Sample
Download Capture Log Stain MSDS Capture Log Home Stain is a water based stain that brings out the natural beauty of logs and is packed full of UV inhibitors and trans-oxide pigments. Apply Cascade...
Cascade Stain Sample
The Cascade Log Stain is the perfect top coat for the Capture Log Stain. Cascade drys perfectly clear and extends the life of the underlying stain finish. A great long lasting water based top coat ...
Transformation Log and Timber Stain Sample
Download Log and Timber MSDSThis is a sample size of the Transformation Log and Timber. If you need to restore your log home or cabin to a better than new finish then the Transformation Log and Ti...
Transformation Siding and Trim Stain Sample
Formerly known as High Sierra Stain and renamed Transformation Siding and Trim this no peel formula won't peel off your siding. This is the perfect stain for siding and trim and is sure not to disa...
Organiclear WR-5 Oil Based Log Home Stain Sample
Organiclear WR-5 Oil Based Log Home Stain SampleBuy Organiclear WR-5 Oil Based Log Home StainDownload Organiclear WR-5 MSDS Bring out the best in your log home with this Organiclear WR-5 Oil Based...
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device